Monday, July 23, 2012

Shedding, Sweeping, and Sisyphus


How do people with hardwood floors stay on top of all the fur their pets shed? I feel like I'm constantly sweeping and the minute I slack off I get a pile like the one you see above. That's less than a week's worth of accumulation (and that's not even counting upstairs)! Even Andy's grossed out. Sometimes I feel like it's a pointless endeavor. I sweep. The boys shed. I sweep. The boys shed.
 

These not so lovely piles also include plenty of animal dander. Fur + dander = sneezing, endless nose dripping, and red itchy eyeballs. My allergies have gotten so much worse ever since we relocated to Pennsylvania, moved into the loft, and added a second cat to the menagerie. I'm constantly having to cycle through different allergy meds as each one inevitably loses effectiveness over time. I complain, but really, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment