When we moved into our loft 4 years ago we arrived sans couch. When we went to move our old couch at our previous place we discovered it was completely wedged into the spot it had occupied (it was a really tight spot!). You would think since we got it in there surely we could get it out but some mysterious force held it firmly in place and it just wouldn't budge. We ended up having to saw it in half and decided it wasn't worth dragging 2 halves of a couch to the new place.
When it came time to buy a new couch I fell victim to temporary insanity because as you can see vanity completely trumped practicality in my selection. I mean, who buys a light blue couch when you have pets? Even if it is covered in microfiber? But I just couldn't resist the color, the elegant lines, and the classic tufted cushions. I knew it would be perfect in the loft. When the couch was delivered I was determined to keep Maxwell off it. Maxwell was determined to make it his luxury bed. Guess who won? In beginning I was vigilant about vacuuming fur and sponging stains off the couch. The first time Diego decided to use the matching ottoman as a scratching post I fumed. This is why we can't have nice things! I now wholeheartedly accept that fur, drool, vomit, pee, and occasional anal secretions (ew) are all a part of pet ownership and I wear them as badges of honor. Well, only the fur really.

No comments:
Post a Comment