Monday, July 2, 2012

Humane Society

We only planned on donating old towels. Next thing I know we’re looking at cats…then dogs. Sure enough I spot a young hound mix. Having grown up with a basset hound, and later two beagles, hounds have a special place in my heart. This particular pup (Scooter) had a “pending adoption” sign so we didn’t expect he’d be available. Heck, I wasn’t even sure if I was ready for a dog. Our previous dog, a special pup named Maxwell, passed away a couple of months prior after a prolonged illness. We took Scooter on a brief walk and afterwards, expecting it to be a long shot, we put our names on a wait list to adopt him. Our local humane society required the following for pre-adoption:

  1. We had to meet Scooter and spend some time with him.
  2. We had to fill out adoption papers.
  3. They had to check with our landlord to make sure we are allowed to have pets.
  4. They needed copies of up to date vaccination records for our 2 cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment