We rented the same house in the Midwest for 5 years and every year I would grow veggies in my container garden. It's amazing how much you can grow in a small space! I planted tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, bell peppers, peas, and herbs.
I miss having a little piece of land where I can plant, nurture, and harvest. Most mornings and evenings I would spend time in the garden with Maxwell. He would do his business: walking the perimeter, chasing squirrels, and barking at passersby. I would weed, prune, debug.
Maxwell would periodically come over and watch me as I worked. Get his nose in a pot or a mound of soil. He would follow me as I walked back to the shed for tools. He would inspect my veggies. Share a slice of cucumber or a pea fresh from the pod. Seasons come and go; as do the pups we love. I miss having a garden. I miss Maxwell.

No comments:
Post a Comment