Teething: Puppies start losing their baby teeth around week 8. Andy was already teething when we got him…which meant he came to us with the urge to chew on everything and everyone. I was a little freaked out when I came across him chewing a bloody toy. It took me a while to realize that his baby teeth were in the process of falling out. When I peeked into his mouth I saw a bit of blood and could reach in a wiggle some of the looser teeth around.
Teething pups need appropriate things to chew on in order to relieve the pressure of their adult teeth coming in. We tried to give Andy a variety of toys with different shapes and textures to keep him interested. Any time we would catch him chewing on something off limits we would immediately tell him no and hand him a toy instead. We also supplemented with a steady flow of ice cubes and dental chews. Those are some of Andy's baby teeth in the photo above. I came across 3 of them as I was sweeping the floor. The other I actually caught Andy chewing on. Don't know what I'll do with them. Put them in his baby book? Just kidding. There is no baby book. That would be a little odd, no?

No comments:
Post a Comment