Monday, July 9, 2012

Who's Your Daddy?

The humane society told us Andy is a hound/pitbull mix. He does have the muscular shoulders, compact frame, and white fur across the chest that is common to pits but I'm not entirely convinced. I mostly see hound features - a little beagle, some rhohodesian ridgeback, some sort of coonhound - don't know what for sure.

For those that really want to know the genetic makeup of their pup check out Wisdom Panel (Canine Genetic Analysis). For $74.99 you get a DNA sample Collection Form, 2 DNA cheek swabs and a pre-paid envelope. After swabbing your dog's mouth you mail the sample back and Wisdom Panel will run a DNA test that'll give you an idea of your pup's ancestry. Personally I don't have a burning need to know Andy's exact makeup. I think a little mystery makes him all the more endearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment