Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Let's See Some I.D. Please


At a minimum all dogs should wear an I.D. tag on their collar; a microchip in addition is ideal. Before picking Andy up from the humane society we stopped by Petco and purchased a dog tag for about $13. The tags are located at check out. Once we payed for the tag we received a token which was used to activate the engraving machine located at the front of the store. The personalized tag has Andy’s name on one side and our phone numbers on the reverse. The process was quick and painless. 

Andy sports a quick release collar. The collar has a push button clasp as opposed to a buckle. The quick release collar makes it convenient to get his collar on and off without having to bother with a buckle. In addition to the I.D. tag Andy’s collar also has his rabies tag and a tag that indicates he is microchipped. 

Because we live in a small gated community we tend to take Andy’s collar off when he’s hanging out at home. I also get annoyed by the constant tinkling of all the tags and worry it might bother my neighbors. We used to have a neighbor with a dachshund that had jingle bells on its collar and of course this neighbor insisted on taking his dog out in the middle of the night. I'm a light sleeper and woke up all the time to the sound of those bells in the hallway and I wanted to take a hammer to them on more than one occasion. For the love of God - why does a dog need bells?

No comments:

Post a Comment