Friday, March 1, 2013

Still Going...


The yarn bomb lives! We first spotted this piece of gorilla folk art at a local park back in August. When I came across it again in November I wondered at the time whether or not its makers would eventually take it down. It's now the end of February and the thing is still there. I think at this point it's safe to say it's here to stay. I'm actually a fan of guerrilla art and graffiti but something about this particular yarn bomb rubs me the wrong way. I liked it when I first came across it simply because it was the first one I'd ever seen in person. As the months have gone by though, and I've watched it slowly deteriorate, my appreciation for it has waned. Now it just seems dirty, not very well thought out, and poorly executed. I kind of hope a squirrel will take it apart and build a nest from it. A big colorful yarny nest. Or knit a sweater. A big ugly sweater.    

No comments:

Post a Comment