Thursday, February 21, 2013

Review | Earthbath Eucalyptus & Peppermint Shampoo

Earthbath is a company that makes all natural grooming products for dogs, cats, and horses. According to their website their products are natural, non-toxic, paraben free, phthalate free, and phosphate free. The products are also "made in the USA with human-grade ingredients and pure essential oils" and have no artificial colors and fragrances. As far as their products for dogs are concerned, they have shampoos, grooming foams (kind of like a "dry-bath"), wipes, and deodorizing spritzes available. 

We've been using Earthbath's Eucalyptus & Peppermint Shampoo on Andy for about a month now and so far I'm happy with the product. The shampoo is "soap-free" and very gentle on Andy's coat and skin and has a wonderful scent to boot - it's herbal and minty but not overly so. I definitely prefer it to some of the fruity or floral scented dog shampoos I've purchased in the past. I've sniffed other shampoos in Earthbath's line (Orange Peel Oil and Oatmeal and Aloe) and they also smelled nice - not perfumy but more of a clean herbal medicinal scent - and I mean this in the best sort of way.  Post-bath the scent doesn't actually last all that long, maybe a day...which actually makes me kind of sad. On the plus side, it leaves Andy's coat shiny and soft for a couple of weeks...which makes me very happy.

Supposedly the oils contained within the shampoo are supposed to "help relieve pets of their most common topical skin problems while acting to cool and relieve irritated skin associated with flea bites and other dermatitis." I'm anticipating another rough flea season come spring/summer, so I'm really hoping this shampoo delivers on this particular claim. Earthbath's Eucalyptus & Peppermint Shampoo has been good for Andy so far and is good for the environment. Win/Win! The only downside to this product is the price. It isn't cheap! A 16 oz bottle retails for about $14.99. I picked mine up at Marshalls for $7.99. I honestly don't know if I'd pay retail for this. Is it worth $14.99? Yes. Am I a cheapskate? Yes. Draw. In all seriousness though, I'll continue to buy Earthbath products as long as I can find them at discount retailers like Marshalls or T.J. Maxx.

Earthbath Eucalyptus & Peppermint Shampoo
Marshalls | 16 oz | $7.99

Petco | 16 oz | $14.99

No comments:

Post a Comment