Monday, February 11, 2013

Remembering Maxwell | Snow!


All told Nemo only brought us about 3 inches of snow. Maybe it's because I'm originally from "sunny"  Southern California and didn't grow up with snow...but I absolutely love the stuff! I kind of wish I lived in a place where it fell by the foot, and not by the inch. Kind of. One of the downsides of living in an apartment, at least for me, is that I don't get to shovel snow. We rented a house for a number of years when we lived in Indiana and shoveling snow was actually something I looked forward to. I would often get carried away and end up shoveling the walks in front of my neighbor's houses as well. Of course my husband never argued when I insisted on doing all shoveling!

One of my favorite things to do after a good snowfall was to dig paths in the snow for Maxwell. He wasn't a big fan of the wet stuff, and whenever there was enough of it on the ground that it came up to his chest, he all but refused to go outside. This is when me and my trusty snow shovel would come to the rescue! I shoveled paths all over the backyard for him. I even included "potty zones," these were larger areas where he was able to comfortably do his business. Once I cleared these pathways Maxwell would obligingly "go on his rounds" - he would walk the paths, inspect my handy work, pee, poop, bark, and mind everyone else's business. I sure miss having a backyard!

No comments:

Post a Comment