Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Bully Sticks Are Made of What!?!


We had some friends over for dinner on Sunday and they were kind enough to bring Andy some treats, including a "bully stick." These things have been around for some time but I only started to notice them on the market the last 3 or 4 years. At first I only saw them at pet boutiques, where they were touted as a high-end treat or natural chew. Nowadays you can find bully sticks at most big box pet retailers. While I've read mostly positive things about them I myself have never wanted to purchase one because I've always been creeped out by the fact that bully sticks are nothing more than the dried penises of cows and buffalo. What the what!?! That's right, in case you didn't know, bully sticks (also known as pizzles...haha!) are made of dried penis. I know, I know - I should just get over it. It's just protein...and yet...it's the dried penis of an animal...and smells kind of funny to boot. Ew. In either case Andy certainly enjoyed chomping on this bully stick. It kept him thoroughly occupied for about 25 minutes. Bully sticks are all-natural and seem to satisfy Andy's urge to chew so I might consider buying one in the future as long as it's made from domestically sourced cow or buffalo penis. Ew.

No comments:

Post a Comment