Monday, December 24, 2012

On the Mend

Andy's bite wound is on the mend. It's still an open gash, and only leaks occasionally now (ew), but it looks a lot better than it did a week ago. He hasn't worn the cone since Friday night and has actually been pretty good about leaving the wound alone. We continue to clean it a couple of times a day with rubbing alcohol. I made my husband do all the cleaning in the beginning because I was weirded out by the thought of open sores, blood, and pain - and to think I wanted to be a vet when I was a kid! I've since forced myself to suck it up and help out. Sometimes Andy runs the other way when he sees one of us coming at him with a cotton ball. It must sting! He takes it better than I know I would. I would be kicking and screaming bloody murder every time. The pup hasn't gone on a long walk in almost a week - which means he's wound up pretty tight. It's gonna be a long week. 
 

***As I was typing up this blog entry Andy started pawing at me from under the dining table. When I bent down to kiss his face I got a whiff of the unmistakable scent of...poop. I turned to my husband, who was sitting next to me, and asked, "Why does the dog smell like poo?" To which he responded, "Oh yeah, he rolled in something when I took him out this morning. I didn't see anything on the ground so I thought it was ok." What the what!?! Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment