Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Day Walk

We took Andy on his first walk in over a week yesterday afternoon. The pup was just way too antsy after having spent the previous 7 days virtually cooped up in the house and it was starting to drive me crazy. It was brisk, in the mid-40s, but an otherwise gorgeous day. It snowed on Christmas Eve, less than half an inch I'd say, and this had mostly melted off by the time we got to the park. We started Andy off in his Easy Walk harness but it started digging into his wound (whoops and ouch!) so we had to switch the leash to his collar. Unfortunately this meant a lot of tugging, pulling, and fighting the entire walk. Andy met an adorable dog named Atticus (fantastic name!). When I asked Atticus' owner what type of dog he was the owner proudly responded, "Atticus is a Brittany, smallest of the pointers, and a fine companion as I'm sure your dog is." I love dog people.

No comments:

Post a Comment