Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Updated Review | WAHL Oatmeal Coconut Lime Verbena Pet Shampoo Concentrate

I first wrote about WAHL's Oatmeal Coconut Lime Verbena Pet Shampoo Concentrate back in August. At the time we had been using the shampoo for about 3 months and I gave the product a less than stellar review primarily because I thought the formula was too harsh and was causing irritation to Andy's skin (he was constantly gnawing and biting at himself). I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but being the cheapskate that I am, I couldn't bring myself to throw the bottle away and we've been continuing to use the shampoo since. My opinion of the product has changed and I now feel comfortable recommending it to anyone looking for a decent middle of the road dog shampoo.

Andy's been with us for about 9 months now and I've come to believe that the issues he had with skin irritation when we first adopted him had more to do with diet, fleas, and stress. When we brought him home from the humane society his coat was dull, it shed tremendously, and had a fair amount of dander. After almost 9 months of a high quality diet and regular bathing, not to mention plenty of stress-free loving, his coat is now healthy. Andy gets baths every 1-3 weeks. The time he spends at Camp Bow Wow, coupled with his insatiable desire to roll in poop, means he gets ripe pretty fast. After a bath using the Wahl's shampoo his coat is soft and has a pleasant scent that lingers for several days. Also, after 9 months of regular baths we still have about a third of the bottle left. Just goes to show the importance of a high quality diet and vigilant flea control. Once this bottle of shampoo runs out I'll likely try something different, for the sake of variety, but if you're looking for a decent, affordable product I say give this a shot.

WAHL Oatmeal Coconut Lime Verbena Pet Shampoo Concentrate
Available at Target 

No comments:

Post a Comment