Tuesday, October 9, 2012

New Gear


We needed to replace Andy's collar so we ended up picking up a collar/leash set at Target this past weekend. The set (in size medium), from the Boots & Barkley brand, is made of reinforced nylon and cloth and has a quick-release buckle. Andy gets walked on a harness so the matching collar/leash is sort of a vanity thing - of course the collar does serve the practical purpose of holding his i.d. and rabies tags (the pup is also microchipped) and is required for doggy day care.

The Good: Inexpensive ($5.99 for the collar, $6.99 for the leash). Adorable and unique pattern - the type of visual design I've come to expect from Target products.

The Bad: Not the heaviest of materials. The pattern is only on one side of the leash - the other side is simply brown nylon. The spring-hinge clasp on the leash feels a little on the light side. 


I'm hoping to get at least 2 years wear out of the set, perhaps more...though I'm not gonna lie, I think that's being optimistic. Maxwell's leash and collar were made of quality heavy black nylon and were still going after 6+ years. The leash is actually still in good shape - a little rough around the edges but still good enough to keep in the car for emergencies. I guess my like of pretty things won out in this case, much like my couch. Buyer's remorse? A little. Ah well. I'll let you know how they hold up.

No comments:

Post a Comment