Friday, October 26, 2012

Halloween

Does anyone else think Halloween has gotten a little out of control? I only recently found out it's the second biggest holiday in the U.S. after Christmas. I'm surprised at the amount of money folks are willing to shell out for costumes and decorations. Don't even get me started on the $20-$30 costumes I've been seeing for dogs at pet supply stores lately. I recall Halloween being so much simpler when I was a kid. We had homemade costumes or spent like $10 tops for something from the store. People put out the same cheesy decorations, often homemade, year after year.

So herein lies my conundrum: Camp Bow Wow is having a costume contest this coming Wednesday. There will be prizes for the top 3 costumes and a day care discount for all dogs who participate that day. Andy is scheduled to go in for day care anyways. I kind of want to send him in a costume, don't want him to feel left out after all (sarcasm), but I want it to be something I can throw together at home. I'm not even going for top 3, just the discount.
I'm completely devoid of ideas. Any suggestions?

Despite all my party pooping and crochety old lady complaints I do still enjoy looking at pictures of pets in costume. In fact, since it's Friday, I suggest you check out these 50 Frightfully Cute Halloween Pet Costumes. I especially like the chubby pirate cat posing with his chubby boy owner, the Marilyn Monroe pug with ample bosoms, and the pup dressed as a bush. Enjoy!

1 comment: