Monday, October 8, 2012

A Trip to the Vet

I'm taking Pablo to the vet this morning. We've had a rough go of keeping the fleas at bay this season and he's been dealing with an allergic reaction of sorts to them the last couple of months. He's licked and itched patches of fur off his front legs and belly. He had some diarrhea last Thursday and Friday, which has since cleared up...not sure what caused that. We decided not to go to our usual vet hospital but will be visiting a vet that works exclusively with cats instead. This doesn't mean she charges more per say - just that she at some point decided she wanted to have a specialized practice. She came highly recommended by a coworker and I'm already impressed by the courteous and knowledgeable staff at the clinic. Some of the advice one of the staffers has given me already about feline diets is completely different from what I've been told by our usual vet and from what I've read on my own, so I'm really curious to hear what this clinic's philosophy and approach is. I'm going in with an open mind and am willing to throw what I know out the door in order to do what it takes to get Pablo back to 100%. Will update when I have more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment