Friday, August 24, 2012

The Doggy Diet

The other night I was craving something sweet so I decided to have some ice cream. I sat on the couch (ok, ok I was actually lying down on the couch) with a bowl of mint and chip (um...I lie...it was the entire tub) and a good book. As I was happily reading and spooning away at the ice cream I noticed Andy on the floor staring up at me. He eyeballed the tub of ice cream eagerly. I told him, "Sorry boy. Can't share. This ice cream has chocolate in it," before returning to my book.

A couple minutes later I heard Andy's claws clicking and clacking on the wood floor as he shuffled his paws impatiently, reminding me that he was still there and that he was still waiting for some ice cream. I looked down at him and he had long threads of drool hanging from his lips. At this point I felt horribly guilty for not sharing. I got up, put the ice cream back in the freezer, wiped Andy's drool, and got back on the couch with my book (all the while wishing I was still eating ice cream). The doggy diet - most effective diet I've ever been on.

No comments:

Post a Comment