Thursday, August 9, 2012

Remembering Maxwell | My Therapy Pup

I like to think of myself as an easygoing, go with the flow kind of gal but every now and then I get a little frazzled. Now is one of those times. Work, a sick spouse, preparing to go out of town on Friday, and the impending start of another academic year are all looming large in my mind.
 
I miss Maxwell at times like these. He was my little therapy pup. He was so attune to my feelings and always seemed to know when I needed a quiet moment and a furry shoulder to lean on. A perfect evening was me, Maxwell, and a good book on the couch after a long day. Andy and I have yet to develop a relationship like this. We're still in the "getting to know you" phase, and besides, he still has so much puppy exuberance it's hard to get him to sit still for more than two minutes. I'm not complaining though because I know our relationship will season with time. Throughout my life I've been blessed to have canine companions see me through my highs and lows. They have kept me grounded and been a source of comfort and joy. Everyone should have a therapy pup!

No comments:

Post a Comment